Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Friendship Village and Reflections

Today we went to Friendship Village. (See first reflection below for a little more about it.) We split into two groups - one working on gardening and the other working with the Village's craft/art therapy program. The groups will switch jobs tomorrow. 

Below are a couple students' reflections on today. (Side note - I was with the art group today. I will get more photos of the other group tomorrow.)

-LJP





___

The last few days have been amazing!! Today we went to Friendship Villlage. We started the day off with learning about the organization. They hold about 60 veterans of the Vietnam War and 120 children, all who were effected by Agent Orange. We learned basic Vietamiese words and sayings. After lunch we split into two groups. My group went and picked weeds around a playground and garden. When we were leaving a few kids came up and played with me. One loved to push my hat down and another liked high fiving me. I can't wait to go back tomorrow!!

-Colleen 




___

Today we went to Friendship Village, working on various projects including gardening. This was rewarding because we were able to see the end product of our work. Also seeing the children effected by Agent Orange was very powerful. 

- Tim




No comments:

Post a Comment